The Université Paris Diderot is situated in the south of Paris, approximately twenty minutes away by metro from the historical centre of the city. If you are not staying near the university, the easiest way to get to the Paris Diderot Campus is to take the metro to Bibliothèque François Mitterrand on line 14 (direction: Olympiades). Using the same tickets as the metro, you can also take a RER C train (this is 2 stops from metro Saint Michel) or a bus (#62 or #89). If you are staying near the outskirts of Paris, you can also take the tramway (line T3 to Avenue de France). The metro and RER take about 20 minutes from the centre of Paris. Before you leave the metro station, check the local map (plan du quartier) and make sure you are heading for one of the exits near the Avenue de France (exit 2 is the easiest).
The conference and registration (on Thursday 10th July) will take place in the lecture theatre Amphi Buffon (the Amphithéâtre Buffon, after the naturalist Georges-Louis Leclerc, comte de Buffon). The main entrance is on rue Hélène Brion. See the campus map.
Accommodation for ESFLC Paris 2014
Generally speaking, if you want to find a hotel close to the conference centre, try to find one near the Métro station “Bibliothèque François Mitterrand” (line 14) or the tramway stop “Avenue de France” (line 3a). We have put some ideas for hotels within walking distance or in the same area as the Université Paris Diderot below (1).
If you don’t mind taking the metro or the tram for more than a few stops, then you might as well stay in the heart of Paris. As long as you are near the new automated metro line 14, you will only be 15-20 minutes away from the conference site.
If you don’t mind staying near the outskirts of Paris, then we can particularly recommend staying at the magnificent Cité Universitaire (near the Parc Montsouris, 8 stops away from Avenue de France on tramway 3A). There are also hotels in the popular Porte d’Ivry area (this is on metro line 7, and is only two stops away from Avenue de France on tramway 3a). Going in the other direction you can also find hotels near the Porte Dorée area (this is on metro line 8, and only 3 stops from Avenue de France on tramway line 3a).
HOTELS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE (up to or one or two bus / metro stops to Université Paris Diderot):
- Hôtel Park & Suites Prestige Grande Bibliotheque, 70 Avenue de France, 75013 Paris (quote for basic room: 9-12 July 2014) around € 176 / night (9th July is 126,50) (60 rooms) Metro Bibliothèque François Mitterrand (Line 14) http://www.parkandsuites.com/fr/appart-hotel-paris-grande-bibliotheque.php Tel: +33 1 79 97 52 00
- Hôtel Ibis Styles Paris Tolbiac Bibliotheque 21 Rue De Tolbiac, 75013 Paris (quote for basic room: 9-12 July 2014) around € 148 /night Metro Bibliothèque François Mitterrand (Line 14) http://www.ibis.com/fr/hotel-7976-ibis-styles-paris-tolbiac-bibliotheque/index.shtml Tel: +33 1 45 84 61 61
- Residence Richemont 17, Rue Jean Colly, 75013 Paris, (quote for basic room: 9-12 July 2014) around € 114-121 / night (40 rooms) Metro Olympiades (Line 14), http://www.hotel-richemont.com/, Tel: +33 1 45 82 84 84
- Green Hotel (ecological hotel), 90 rue de Patay, 75013 PARIS (quote for basic room: 9-12 July 2014)around € 110/ night (25 rooms), Metro Olympiades (Line 14), http://greenhotelsparis.blogspot.fr/, Tel: +33 1 53 82 84 84
- Quality Suites 15, rue de Tolbiac, 75013 Paris, (quote for basic room: 9-12 July 2014) from € 135/ night, Metro Bibliothèque François Mitterrand (Line 14), http://www.hotel-paris-bercy.com/, Tel: +33 1 53 61 62 00
HOTELS IN THE SAME AREA (the 13th arrondissement, just over two bus, metro or tram stops to Université Paris Diderot):
- Hôtel « Le Vert Galant » 41-43 rue Croulebarbe 75013 PARIS Métro Gobelins (line 7: you can take this line to Porte d’Ivry and then get the tram 3a to Avenue de France, 2 stops) http://www.vertgalant.com/ (code privilège 090639) Tél : +33 1 44 08 83 50
- Hôtel Résidence Les Gobelins - 9 rue des Gobelins Métro Gobelins (line 7: you can take this line to Porte d’Ivry and then get the tram 3a to Avenue de France, 2 stops) http://www.hotelgobelins.com/ Tél: +33 1 47 07 26 90
- Hotel Paris Massena 82-84, rue Régnault, 75013 Paris Métro Porte d’Ivry (line 7) or Tram 3a to Avenue de France (2 stops). No independent website available, but listed on most other booking sites. Tel +33 1 45 85 70 70
- Hotel Cantagrel, 90 rue de Patay 75013 PARIS, Metro Olympiade (line 14), www.hotelcantagrel.com. Tel: +33 1 53 82 84 84
- Hôtel Tolbiac 122 rue de Tolbiac 75013 PARIS Metro Tolbiac (line 7: you can take this line to Porte d’Ivry and then get the tram 3a to Avenue de France, 2 stops) http://www.hotel-tolbiac.com/ Tel: + 33 1 44 24 25 54
HOTELS FURTHER AFIELD
For other Hotels in 13è arrondissement de Paris (75013) try these sites:
USING PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN PARIS
To calculate the route, distance and time from your hotel to the conference site, visit: http://www.ratp.fr/itineraires Example: Departure : (your Hotel Address) Arrival: “15,Rue Hélène Brion, 75013, 13ème Arrondissement, Paris” or “Métro Bibliothèque François Mitterrand”.
USING TAXIS IN PARIS
For a rough estimate of taxi fares, you can go to: http://www.worldtaximeter.com/ Example: Charles de Gaulle airport > Université Paris Diderot = around 48 EUROS.
(1) Please note that the conference organizers have requested special “convention” prices from each of these hotels on behalf of Université Paris Diderot. To date, only hotels whose prices are quoted above have agreed to give a reduction to conference-attendees. We regret that we cannot guarantee that these prices will be the same at the time of booking, and we and cannot take any responsibility for the services offered by any of these establishments.